Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We fed you, now give us stuff

We all have our fingers crossed that we get invited to the shindig of 2012. And I know you all have your fingers crossed that you don't have to sit next to me....ever. I hear you, I'll just get a tv tray and sit outside and enjoy the weather...alone. Be that way, see if I ever invite you to anything.

Whoa, a bit off topic there. Sorry, that was meant for my therapist, not a beautiful wedding blog. So on to today's theme. So you've received the invitation with the Spiderman kiss engagement photo and you have sent your RSVP and you checked off "steak." Now it is the day before the wedding and you think to yourself:

"Ok, I've got my clothes all ready. I am going to be the second best looking person there (we can't upstage the bride). I've got my directions and I know what time I need to be there. What else? YIKES. A GIFT!"

Now that you are done with your inner monologue, let's get crackin'. What do you get a pair of 30 somethings for a wedding gift? They have lived independently for some time now and probably have some things already, like plates. Or glasses. In fact, B has enough glasses to have a State Dinner at his house and get everyone plastered.
I can help here. Forget any registry, let's get them what they really want, but are too embarrassed to say. I know B really misses this item (which he did own and did wear, about a year too late). A Vanilla Ice shirt!




Maybe we could all chip in and get them triplets (see previous post) and be sure to name one Carl.



These may be a bit too old, you might want to find a set younger. How about some animals to keep the yard festive? I would suggest alligators, they will keep away door-to-door salesmen and in-laws!



One of my favorite things I got for my wedding was a used potato/apple peeler. Came in the box but still had residue from a previous use.



But I think that we, as guests, should all get something with a theme. This way all of our gifts tie together and it makes sense. And now, for our theme:


Didn't see that coming, did you? We can start with this lovely toast holder:



Okay, you can take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment