Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Duarte Is Down With Weddings

Last time Greg brought the idea that we should do something in Barstow, the crossroads of....Barstow? Well, I have reached into the way-back machine where trips to Ralphs at 11:00pm meant reading magazines to recall our fascination with Duarte. A bit ironic seeing as how I live next door in Monrovia. I happen to know the mayor of Duarte, so I am sure I can pull some strings to close the streets and make it an official day for B and Corrin. Those of you familiar with where the 210 and 605 meet are no doubt familiar with grandeur of Duarte. In fact, I was just over there today getting some lunch at Senor Fish. What else does Duarte hold for the wedding party? Unlike Barstow, Duarte has some things to offer. For those of us who are last minute shoppers, there is a Target in town. Duarte has a host of classic restaurants, the aforementioned Senor Fish, El Pollo Loco, Carl's Jr, really, the list goes on and on. We can have the wedding at the statue of Mr. Duarte.

And look, conveniently located on Route 66. Greg and I will be taking a roadtrip after the wedding. And could there be a better honeymoon than traveling on Route 66? You could see the car graveyard thing.




Or the World's Longest Map
And what says romance like a night in a giant wigwam?
Duarte can start off your wedding adventure with style and American history. Granted, to drive it you might need a cooler car than the Tahoe. I am thinking something more like this:



Now we are talking. You know what? Skip that, Greg and I are going to take the Caddy. B and Corrin can just take the Tahoe to Irwindale. But I think Duarte will have to play into this somehow. And this way, I don't need to pay for a hotel. Granted, you will. Hmm, you could stay here



Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment