Monday, May 2, 2011

Something For The Kids *OR* I Believe The Children Are Our Future

"BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" is a fairly common chant when one is talking about the budget woes in California. We'll leave politics out of this blog as I have found that it makes for uneasy conversation with my friends- trust me- we tried it once and we were all a bit creeped out. Let's talk about those kids though, shall we?

There are usually a few children at every wedding. One will inevitably dance with her father and pictures will be taken and women will be smitten. Then there will be the boy and girl around ages 3 and 4 that will dance with each other and again, women will be smitten. Of course there will be the little boy in the tuxedo and...you guessed it, women will be smitten. We can't forget about the little girl who is so excited to wear her new dress and parade around and...if the trend continues, (say it with me) women will be smitten. Men won't notice much of this at all. We will be wondering when the next meat course is due to come out of the kitchen (there will be multiple meat courses, right?)
Back to the children, I assume there will be a flower girl and a ring bearer. I would like to nominate myself for ring bearer. I did an awesome job when I was about 3 years old and I would like to repeat on my previous success. And there will be other children there as well. How can we keep them entertained? Simple: PONY RIDES!
Maybe we should use a real pony.
And an awesome bounce house! I think I want to slam dance in one of these bad boys. Greg, are you down?
Face painting! Kids love face painting! And the overuse of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A perfect face for the wedding.

What wedding would be complete without a chocolate fountain? Some chocolate covered hands coming to say hi to the bride in her gown. Let the dry cleaning begin!


And here is your news update, in case you live under a rock and somehow this is your only source of news (which is really a sad prospect, especially since this is the only time I have ever put a piece of real news on this blog since this blog has nothing to do with current events and is solely focused on the wedding of Brent Lee and Corrin Clark, two crazy kids just trying to make it in this world. Where was I going with this? Oh right, news). The U.S. shot Osama bin Laden. Well, not the entire U.S., just some select soldiers. And they shot and killed bin Laden. It only took us nearly 10 years. But bravo anyway. He had it coming.

1 comment: