Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Love Sick *OR* Love Makes Me Sick

I think I may have used this phrase a few times in this blog, but I think I have stumbled upon the worst part of a wedding. It is all the love. Like a sticky Celine Dion type of sappy love. Scratch that, more like a Miley Cyrus theme-song for a Nicholas Sparks novel kind of dripping love. The dripping love you normally would have a doctor check out. And yes, I realize that this is the type of affection and infatuation that should be showcased at a wedding, but think of the children! It is like we are watching a Julia Roberts movie while trying to read a Jane Austen novel. It is so sweet that the women protesting high-fructose corn sugar have moved onto this cause.

I'm all for love (quick, name that tune and artist. Answers at the end of this entry). Heck, I even got married myself because I fell in love (and remain there, thank you very much). But do we need to showcase how fresh your love is at a wedding? It gets all of us married guys in trouble with questions that often start with the words "How come you don't....?" Thanks, thanks a lot for that. Make the rest of us look like slobs. We really appreciate it.

My wonderful wife and I had the chance to take our 7 month-old son up to the belly of the beast. We ventured up to see B and Corrin in Morro Bay. They were kind enough to let us stay at their place and we had a very nice time. Not many couples would allow an infant invade their home, very brave indeed.

I can attest from being around B and Corrin that they are very much in love. I have known B for around 19 years or so and I do not recall him being so happy for such an extended period of time. He used to be a bit like Eeyore, always being a melancholy chap.
Now he is Tigger, and it is challenging to get him to sit still for a moment.
Kudos to you kids for finding each other and I am happy to see that you make each other happy. Just knock this kind of affection off, it makes my son ill.
And while you are in Morro Bay, be sure to visit the famous Shell Shop for all your seashell needs.

Oh, the answer to the quick quiz was either:
Rod Stewart: "All For Love"
Color Me Badd: "All 4 Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment