Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another Theme Wedding *OR* It Must Be So Cool To Bring Back Your Childhood

I will admit that I can be a sucker for nostalgia. Maybe I grew up too quick or maybe the toys of my childhood were just so cool, but retro seems to be sticking around. Take a look on eBay and hunt down your old toys and see the ridiculous prices that they are going for. Yup, bet you wish you had never taken out that M.A.S.K. toy out of its package.
I remember getting this for my birthday.
The great thing about our childhood toys is that our parents remember us nagging them for them and our joy at receiving them. So how can we incorporate this into the wedding of the year? You think I was going to leave you hanging here? Naw, let's have a theme wedding. And the theme will be He-Man!
Don't act like you aren't excited. B will be Prince Adam, who, by the power of Grayskull, turns into He-Man, the Defender of the Universe.
Granted, you run into the typical Superman issue:
"Doesn't Prince Adam look a like lot He-Man?"
"No, Prince Adam wears a shirt. He-Man wears fuzzy underwear and Ugg boots."

Now, I have absolutely no desire to see B wearing a fuzzy thong, Ugg boots, a bandoleer, along with a sword and page boy haircut, but I think it is the story here that is important. B could come riding in on  Cringer who would turn into Battle Cat. Really, does it get more romantic than that? Of course it does, Corrin gets to be Teela, who tries to teach Prince Adam so skills. Corrin will have to wear some Roman inspired short dress with some mighty tall boots while her hair flows in the wind. This is all accented by a red cape rippling behind her. I will play Ram-Man, who, for whatever reason, is wearing a tank for a hat.

I don't know if you have watched any of the shows recently, but man, let me tell you about the gay undertones in the show. As if He-Man's outfit didn't scream West Hollywood, he owns a cat, lives in a castle and has a friend in some floating wizard.

There is a lot of room for creativity here. The wedding ensembles alone would be worth the price of admission. And evil Skeletor can give the bride away. Ah romance.


<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X8Nc8RCLy1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment