Monday, December 6, 2010

How B Avoided The Cops *OR* Why High School Is Dangerous To Your Health

Here at Downward Brent Lee, we are doing a service. Not only are we in the wedding planning business, we give marriage advice. And as G.I. Joe reminds us, "knowing is half the battle."




I feel as though it is my public duty to Corrin to fill in some of the blanks about Brent. I am sure there are stories that he simply is not telling you that will be important as your future unfolds. And isn't half the fun of dating getting to know who a person really is? Let me answer that, yes, yes it is!

So let me take you, dear reader, to a time when Bill Clinton was President. A time when Seattle grunge was influencing the flannel purchases of millions.

When the eyes of the world turned to Atlanta, GA for the Olympics. But more importantly, when a group of misfit teens roamed the sleepy streets of La Canada for something. Anything. OH THE BOREDOM! A younger Brent Lee and your author were cruising the concrete jungle and happened upon a street light. B was driving the famous Kona Nut, which had a bigger equalizer than a Ke$ha recording session.

The joke is that Ke$ha needs help to sound like anything because she can't sing.
For those who are not familiar, the Kona Nut was the name of the Toyota that the entire family at one point or another drove.
As a non-driving teen, we tend not to be picky about what car we ride in. Heck, I drove a Buick Park Avenue for a couple of years.
As I was saying, we were riding in the Kona Nut in beautiful La Canada, enjoying the sights and decided to make a left onto Angeles Crest Highway. This is the highway the leads to the area of the Station Fire and where a truck plowed into a bookstore a year or so ago.


Typically when driving in America, we stay on the right hand side of the road, and especially the right side of the islands. B, being a rebel teen, decides that he is too cool for traffic laws and decides to go English on me and heads toward the left side of the island. Being the quality friend I am, I yell at him and mock him for making such a grievous error. However, that fades quickly as I notice the police car behind us with his lights on all of the sudden. Yet, B being the major trendsetter has encouraged some dimwitted soul to follow in his English ways. Luckily, the police car pulls over the second car and B and I take off into the hills of La Canada trying to avoid the strong arm of the law. Like a little girl, B screamed "I'm too cute for prison." Being the tough guy I am, I told him to floor it. All 25 hamsters in the Kona Nut rev up and we jet up into the side streets of La Canada. Once B stopped crying we continued back to the main streets of La Canada, but not before B thinks that the law is for chumps and his cuteness will only serve him as a boyfriend in prison. As we coast back down the hill he ignores a stop sign and blows through the intersection. At this time I point out the error of his ways and tell him to man up and knock off this ridiculous behavior. Needless to say, B did not go to prison and I maintained my street cred.


So Corrin, you have to keep an eye on B while he drives. And while a snail could probably pass him while he drives, sometimes he just gets a little crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment