Thursday, December 15, 2011

There's A Social Recluse On My Roof *OR* Whoa There Fat Man, You're Fine, But The Reindeer Have To Go

Just take a moment to enjoy the title of that blog please.

I'll wait.

Good stuff eh?

I thought so.

Christmas is nearly upon us and we should double check our list to make sure that we have done all we needed to:
  • Tried to be creative but just broke down and bought gifts on people's lists? CHECK! 
  • Dragged dead tree inside and illuminated the sucker? CHECK!
  • Placed trinkets on said dead tree? CHECK!
  • Hung hosiery on fireplace so someone can stuff things inside? CHECK!
  • Made various pastries for others but eaten the majority myself? CHECK!
  • Jacked up my electricity bill by placing lights on the outside of house? CHECK!
  • Survive windstorm? CHECK!
  • Had at least three people crash into me at the mall because they are looking at other things? CHECK!
  • Lugged boxes out of storage so I can put 80% of my stuff away to put out random trinkets around my house? CHECK!
Ok, it looks like I am ready for Christmas. Now to drag my family around to about 52 different locations between Christmas Eve and Christmas.

If you want a treat, come see me sing on Christmas at church. I'll be in the choir and be holding down the bass in a quartet. Guaranteed opportunity to make fun of your favorite blogger.

1 comment:

  1. This was a particularly good post, very timely. By the way, I really like the moat(wall around home) idea from your previous post!

    ReplyDelete