Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't Tase Me Bro *OR* This Wedding Is Shocking!

Weddings nowadays lack a certain....personality. I understand that the bride has often dreamed of her wedding day for years and now that her prince has arrived, she wants everything to be perfect. I don't know how many brides expect their wedding to have Star Trek theme, but when they meet their geeky husbands-to-be somehow he brainwashes her and something like this happens:
Luckily for all of us, I don't think that B has ever seen an episode of Star Trek, so we are safe from having to dig out our Vulcan ears for this party.

I think we have seen, attended, or planned the perfect wedding. Let's do something more unique. Let's add an element of fun for the 30-somethings that will be there with their kids. I've got two words for you:
LASER TAG!
Look at how much fun these people are having. Their fake smiles really sell the deal. Maybe you don't want to be stuck inside on a glorious March day, maybe you prefer the great outdoors. Well, I have another suggestion:
PAINTBALL!

Is it sad this picture exists?
I can say for certain that I know that Corrin wants to run around outdoors in her wedding dress while B takes sniper shots at her from behind a tree. That white dress? It has become a work of art!
The fact that this is a Canadian couple makes me feel better.
And I'm not just talking about the bride and groom. I think right in the middle of the ceremony, someone just leaps up and yells "PAINTBALL!" and everyone runs to grab a gun and goes crazy. Sorry Grandma, I just pelted you with a triple-round burst of orange! Enjoy those bruises!

Please tell me that you have seen the episodes of "Community" where they have the paintball wars? If not, do yourself a favor and watch them, and then you can send me a thank you note.
This is a great way to make your wedding memorable and to leave a lasting impression upon your guests. And think of it this way, half of them won't want to play and will leave before food is served, therefore dropping your costs. GENIUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment